Pancakes & Pearls Party–The Dress

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Creating the perfect party dress for each birthday is really one of my favorite things. Figgy’s Scirocco Dress is the perfect balance of fancy, twirly, and unique. The Pearl Bracelet fabric by Lizzy House is the ideal compliment to our party theme.

IMG_2455_lrw

I used some vintage scallop trim to accent the center pleat.

IMG_2334_lrw

The back of this dress just makes me melt. The twist is such a fun detail, and the elastic at the back waist holds everything together just right.

IMG_2371_lrw

I was a bit intimidated when reading reviews of the Scirocco dress pattern, but this photo tutorial will guide you right through any tricky parts. It really ended up being a pretty quick sew. I also read reviews all over the map with sizing. In the end, I went with sewing up a 4/5 but lengthening it to a 6/7. I was relieved to find it was a perfect fit!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground