Chocolate Banana Ice Cream

Friday, June 1, 2012

At first I would buy bananas, then when they reached a “riper than we like to eat” stage, I would cut them into chunks and freeze them. Now, if you want a fresh banana in our house, you better grab it quick. I love using frozen bananas so much more now that they hit the freezer quick. You pretty much don’t even need ice when you make smoothies from these frozen banana bites. Well, a couple of weeks ago I found this fat free chocolate banana ice cream recipe. Yum-o!!! It comes out about the consistency of a Wendy’s Frosty, but nice and rich. So far I’ve used vanilla and honey flavored yogurts instead of plain, and I use 2 frozen bananas. (I freeze my bananas in baggies of two.)

IMG_3477b

Just so you don’t think I’ve ventured too far into a health kick, (this is sweeter than cupcakes after all) I’ll let you know about tonight’s little variations. Throw in two Tablespoons of peanut butter and you take it up another decadent notch. Then I topped it off with a few of these fun mallow bits. Yep, leave it to me to fatten up a perfectly good fat free recipe!

IMG_2640b

I’m thinking cinnamon might be another tasty alternate. This is a perfect summer night treat!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground