Cupcake Coat

Friday, November 13, 2009

Maurine, a family member somehow related to my dad's grandmother (too difficult to sort out the exact relation), emailed an adorable cupcake applique picture to me a while back. She was making something for her granddaughter and thought of us. When she offered to put a cupcake on something for Avery, I jumped at the idea. This Uptown Girl jacket pattern from Make It Perfect was the perfect thing. This was my first chance to work with corduroy and fusible fleece. I must say that getting this thick combination through my machine was a challenge at times, but it was worth the extra effort. I kinda wish I could make one in my size.


The pattern is reversible, but I can't imagine ever wanting to hide that cupcake.
I'm hoping cooler weather will get here eventually so Avery will have a chance to wear it.
A note on the pattern: Love it! I think you could easily leave out the fleece for a cooler option as well. I'm planning on leaving the fleece out of at least the hood portion for one I'm making as a present for a friend. Head on over to the Make It Perfect blog for a great giveaway.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground